Radiography & Ultrasonography
In house digital radiography is available at Te Puke Veterinary Centre. We can use x-rays to look at a variety of issues, including (but not limited to) lameness, head and teeth concerns and other bone-related presenting issues.
We prefer to take the x-rays at the Te Puke Veterinary Centre so we can process and view your x-rays straight away. This way we can take multiple views and start a treatment plan if required. In an emergency we can take x-rays on farm.
What we need:
- A clean horse (mud and debris can show up on x-rays and interfere with the interpretation)
- Shoes off ( its ideal to have the shoes off and clean feet when taking foot X-rays)
- An experienced handler over the age of 18
- Reliable power source (if on farm)
- Good weather, or a dry covered area ( water can damage the equipment)
We have a state of the art ultrasonography machine that we can use for soft tissue and tendon scanning.
This is used at the clinic, so contact us today to discuss your needs and if ultrasonography is a good option for your horse.
Follow our clinic on social media
Follow our clinic on social media, get exclusive offers and deals.
Local farmers, associated rural communities and Te Puke town people have supported Te Puke Vet Centre for over 50 years. During those years scores of receptionists, nurses and vets have lived and enjoyed the benefits of this great town and area. It is very important for Te Puke Vets that we are strongly integrated with the local community and as part of that we are proud to support many local schools, sports clubs, service organisations and community events.